Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pet Sitting Saturday

Well this ended up being a busy morning already.....my daughter was heading to San Francisco at 5am so i got up to see her off.....and got an early start on my day.  Took Ozzy for a walk early and remembered why we used to get up early and walk -- it is so peaceful at 6am when the rest of the world is sleeping :)  Today was my last visit at the cat sitting facility while the owners were taking a mental health getaway -- this was the kitty who was waiting for me to come.  Her name is Portia and you can see she is just gorgeous.  I was trying to use my iPhone which doesn't work too well if the subject is moving, but she stopped for a quick second so i could have a picture in focus.  My mental health getaway is in two weeks and i am SO EXCITED except for the anxiety about being dogless for 48 hours -- well more like 36 hours but that is a long time for me to not be with my animals!!

 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat! Her eyes are gorgeous! Thanks for hopping over to Critter Alley. I look forward to getting to know you!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat! Thanks for stopping by! I am relatively new to this blogging thing but am having a great time now that things sometimes work for me :) I look forward to getting to know you also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! We like early morning strolls, as well. Can't wait to read more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Jes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie: Boy, do we have a lot in common. I guess since you visited my blog you can see that i cat-sit and have for 15 years and I have a most gorgeous shetland sheep-dog named Kane that I adopted from a shelter 8 years ago. I look forward to following your pet-sitting adventures. It sure is fun, isn't it. I am selling another small business called Pampered Pups Pastries that I started 8 years ago. Had a wonderful time with it but I want to put more time into cat-sitting and learning more about cat behaviour. I am your new follower. Take care, Deb =^..^=x5 & Kane (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb -- thank you for following!! I am relatively new to blogging after a couple of false starts (lol) but it has been fun and definitely a learning experience. My pet sitting has been "up and running" for about a year now but it has been pretty slow going -- i don't know what i'm doing wrong, if it's just the economy or people aren't finding me or what -- i also do medical transcription so at least i have income to fall back on but i SO want to get this pet sitting business going -- it has been a blast meeting new animals and their humans -- and i love being able to take pictures and share them with whoever is interested. I saw Kane -- he is adorable -- i had a couple of sheltie clients earlier in the spring and totally fell in love with them -- and i've met lots of wonderful sheltie people on facebook -- i didn't happen to notice but are you also on facebook? i did forward the link to your blog to a friend of mine in canada who has a senior kitty and three collies -- i am thinking you might be in the same general area but i'm not too knowledgeable about geography. Very nice meeting you -- looking forward to talking to you more :)

    ReplyDelete